Instagram Tips: How to add a second Instagram account on your phone
Since our business revolves around building and promoting Instagram accounts, we have clients with all different levels of experience with this social media platform. Some have been using Instagram for years but they need a company like ours to help them grow a meaningful (and profitable) following. Others have rarely used Instagram, don’t really want to use Instagram, but know use of the platform is necessary for them to take their businesses to the next level.
At First Look Social, we pride ourselves on providing personalized customer service. Consequently, our clients (especially those in the latter group) are comfortable calling us with questions about how to perform various functions on Instagram. While we love taking those calls, we thought it might be nice to offer some quick advice on one of the questions we get all the time.
Specifically, we’re talking about adding multiple accounts within your Instagram app. It is definitely a process that, once explained, is relatively easy. Nonetheless, it is also one that is a bit mysterious the first time you try it.
Why add multiple accounts
Gone are the days when people had different phones for different functions in their life. In days past, a person might have had a work number, a home number, and a cell number. These days, our smart phones tend to cover everything. In fact, in addition to serving as a work phone and personal phone, one device likely also includes all of our social media accounts.
For people who do any kind of professional marketing, this probably also means that one phone needs to house social media accounts for an employer as well as your personal account. Heck, if you’re in product marketing, you might actually need multiple accounts for promoting multiple products. There has to be a way to set this up on Instagram, right? There is, and it’s actually not as hard as you might suspect.
Adding your multiple Instagram accounts
Here’s all you have to do to set up all your Instagram accounts in one place:
- Assuming you already created multiple Instagram accounts, you can add a second one (or a third, fourth, or fifth), by clicking on the “little person” icon that is located in the bottom right of the app. That will take you to your existing profile page.
- From there, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner of the page. This will drop down a menu. At the very bottom of the menu is an icon for “Settings”. Click on that.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and tap “Add account”.
- Enter the username and password of the account you’d like to add.
- You’re all set! Now you can switch between accounts you’ve added at your will. To do this:
- Go to your profile page.
- Tap your username at the top of the screen.
- Tap the account you’d like to switch to.
(Keep in mind that you can add up to 5 accounts.)
Now that you know how to add multiple Instagram accounts to your phone, you might have an easier time managing multiple accounts. Have fun! We know we do!